- The aim of palliative and supportive care is to prevent and relieve physical pain and other symptoms, but also to take account of psychological, social and spiritual distress.
- The unit provides active care as part of a global, multidisciplinary approach (doctor, psychologist, nurse, etc.) for persons suffering with serious, degenerative or terminal illnesses.
In the field of supportive care:
- Comprehensive, active care of inpatients hospitalised at the CHPG, presenting uncontrolled symptoms caused by a potentially serious illness, along with their families, at the request of the primary care teams.
In the field of palliative care:
- Comprehensive, active care, provided at the request of the primary care teams, to hospitalised patients suffering from serious pathologies with poor prognoses.
- Support for families during the illness and/or after the patient’s death.