||MONITORING PREGNANCY AND CHILDBIRTH
Thanks to the organisation set up by the Obstetrics Department, we are able to:
- Provide care during pregnancies and identifying risk factors during pregnancy through prenatal consultations.
- Accommodate future mothers from 32 weeks
- Arrange for amniocentesis to be carried out by a gynaecologist-obstetrician and an ultrasound technician (as part of ante-natal tests).
- Provide pregnant women with information on what happens during and after labour, and how care is organised.
- Prepare for births with a midwife and coordinate visits of the maternity ward. This is done through a course of eight individual or collective classes, which are reimbursed by social security bodies.
- Classes are available in English. Tel: +377 97 98 95 10.
- Provide specific classes for pregnant women at the St-Charles swimming pool, led by a midwife, from the 4th month of pregnancy. A certificate of medical fitness is required.
- Arrange pre-anaesthesia consultations with a hospital anaesthetist.
- Provide patients with ultrasound scan imagery and monitoring (graphic recording of foetal heart rate and contractions), including in emergencies.
- Work in conjunction with the Archet II hospital as part of the PACA EST–HAUTE CORSE- MONACO perinatal network, and the PMI (maternal and child protection) or proximity centres (Menton-Beausoleil).
AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY
The maternity ward includes:
- Three delivery rooms, each equipped with a birthing bed, a heated table for the new-born, a trolley with the equipment needed by the Anaesthesiologist, and medical fluids.
- A room equipped with an intensive care table for new-borns requiring specific treatment. A trolley with the necessary equipment, an incubator, a respirator, and medical fluids.
- An operating theatre for caesarean sections.
A medical team comprising:
- A midwife providing 24 hour monitoring, physiological delivery and immediate post-natal care coordinated with the duty doctor, an auxiliary paediatric nurse or an auxiliary nurse 24 hours a day.
- A medical team on-site round the clock with a gynaecologist-obstetrician handling deliveries involving complications, an anaesthesiologist and a paediatrician.
- The department also liaises with Archet II hospital as part of the PACA EST – HAUTE CORSE – MONACO perinatal network (notably for premature births up to 32 weeks).
YOU HAVE JUST GIVEN BIRTH
The inpatient maternity ward includes:
- Two-bed rooms and eight individual rooms, seven of which can accept two beds. Each room is equipped with a space fitted for new-born care and a bathroom with shower. A midwife (24 hours) assisted by an auxiliary paediatric nurse or an auxiliary nurse provides the necessary care for mother and child.
- A room equipped for monitoring and care of new-borns. Infants may also be cared for in this room at night, if the mother wishes.
- Equipment for detecting and treating neonatal jaundice (photometer and phototherapy machine); heated incubators for new-borns and cardiorespiratory monitoring (scope and saturometer).
- A neo-natal unit providing round the clock care for new-borns requiring specific treatment
- Hearing screening for new-borns during their stay at the hospital and the Guthrie test. (screening for five rare diseases)
Assistance of a psychologist, if required.
- Monaco City Hall, Civil Registry Office, +377 93 15 28 66
- Births must be registered within three effective days.
- Certificate of delivery established by the CHPG when the infant is born
- ID for the mother and the person registering the birth
- For married couples: family record book or marriage certificate (translated into French if applicable)
- Early recognition certificate if any (translated into French if applicable)
BREASTFEEDING SUPPORT GROUP
A support group for new mothers who are breastfeeding is organised on Monday mornings, from 9.30am to 11am. The group is an opportunity for new mothers to put questions to maternity professionals (midwife, paediatric nurse, etc.).
Information on +377 97 98 95 10
Location: Day room on 2nd floor of Maternity Building